Jimmy's Blog

Ramblings, Rantings, Poems and Stories

oooooOOOOOOOOooooo spooky

So for Halloween, my teacher asked us to write a scary story; it was fun, but far from my forté. As it was a Halloween thing, I thought I’d include numnums as a major part of the story. And so, without further ado:

Lars and the Skyping  Something or Other

Enjoy!

Lars was bored. He lay in bed, thinking about the three things that made his life worthwhile: computers, food, and girls.

His mom had died when Lars was two, which sucked, but since he had no memories of her, Lars was content to move past it. So with his mom dead and his dad at a conference, Lars was left with his finicky old grandmother (who was terrified of computers) as a guardian.

Lars was interrupted from his thoughts by the shrill cry of someone over eighty: “Lars! I’m going grocery shopping! GOODBYE!”

That was his grandmother. Lars smiled an evil smile; he knew that his grandmother didn’t trust any of the local grocery stores and would drive the hour-and-a-half trek to the ones she was familiar with. Lars was on his own.

Lars jumped up. Snatching some chips from his counter, he did the three flights of stairs in two steps and in thirty seconds had his computer up and running.

Logging into Skype, Lars was surprised to find that he had a ‘talk’ request. As the Mystery Skyper’s profile pic was of a rather good-looking girl, Lars hurriedly ran a comb through his hair and clicked ACCEPT.

It was not, as Lars expected, a girl. Or perhaps it was; it was difficult to tell, as the figure on the other end was encompassed in a swirling mist; not to mention that the connection was pretty terrible.

“um… Hi?”, asked Lars.

LARS, implied the figure. I HAVE GROWN DESPERATE.

“Um… What?”, said Lars.

I HAVE NOT TASTED THE SWEET FLAVOUR OF CHOCOLATE IN TWELVE YEARS. I HAVE NOT FELT IT MELT ON MY TONGUE, I HAVE NOT FELT IT COME TO REST IN MY BELLY. I NEEDED TO. I NEED TO. I ASSUMED THAT YOUR DENTIST FATHER WOULD BURN YOUR CHOCOLATE LIKE HE BURNED MINE, BUT YOU REMIND HIM OF ME TOO MUCH. YOU MUST KNOW, I AM TAKING A GREAT RISK. BUT YOU MUST BURN CHOCOLATE, BURN IT HOT AND BRIGHT; ALREADY THE ELDERS KNOW OF MY CONTACT, AND ARE ENRAGED; IT IS MERE HOURS UNTIL I AM EXCREATED. BURN CHOCOLATE, SO THIS IS NOT FOR NOTHING.

“no way”, said Lars in a small voice, but growing stronger. “No way! I’m not burning perfectly good chocolate because some strange Skyper tells me to! I want to eat it too!”

The Mystery Skyper let out an enraged, animal howl, and Lars suddenly regretted buying such good quality speakers. YOU WILL BE PUNISHED, it howled at Lars. WITH WHATEVER REMAINS OF MY LIFE FORCE, I WILL DENY YOU CHOCOLATE LIKE YOU DENIED IT OF ME! I WILL TAKE AWAY ALL YOU LOVE, I WILLBEEeeeoooop.

Lars stood, taking short, shaky breaths, with the plug in his trembling hands.

—————

Months passed. Lars got absorbed in his new girlfriend, his new redstone calculator, and his new chicken casserole recipe. He had almost  forgotten about the MS- he had long since started calling them the MS- and life was good. Obviously all their threats were empty. Yes.

But one day, as Lars was about to walk into his favourite candy store, he had a sinking feeling. Scoffing at himself that it was nothing, Lars wrapped his hand around the door handle-

-and pulled-

-and screamed.

THE SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKY END!

So that’s that. Kinda silly, but like I said, not my forté. I do, however, like Lars as a character; possibly maybe expect some more stories on him in the future. Happy Halloween!

2 Responses to “oooooOOOOOOOOooooo spooky”

1.   henry11 Says:

Hi Jimmy, my name is Henry and I have a blog too. I live in California. I really enjoyed your story and hope you visit my blog. heres the link: http://henry11.edublogs.org

So what exactly happened to Lars? Great story and I like your writing.

•   Jimmy Says:

Wow! Readers from California! I wonder, how did you find out about my blog (so I can get other people to find out about it)? Thanks for the kind words. Your blog is also very interesting (but could you enable the subscribe by email widget?). As for what happened to Lars, that is left up to the reader’s imagination…